Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Murrieta during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Cool Air Solutions will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Cool Air Solutions at 951-299-9853 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.