It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a number of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings you can. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to tell you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a number of benefits that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Cool Air Solutions in Murrieta has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 951-299-9853.