With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a big amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Cool Air Solutions specialist do air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system operating well for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is operating correctly and can identify possible problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any piece of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Cool Air Solutions a call at 951-299-9853.