When it’s cold in Murrieta you count on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit in your future. Annual maintenance service from certified technicians can keep your system running properly and find potential problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signals that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump cools your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps change the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too frequently. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled evenly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem continues, reach out to a professional to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The team at Cool Air Solutions will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.