Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family warm during the Murrieta winter. If you already called Cool Air Solutions for your annual tune-up, you’re certainly ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 951-299-9853 to get one set-up.
There are plenty of easy things you can do in between professional servicing to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or swap them when recommended. This is such a simple way to improve the airflow through your heat pump and maintain top efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are clear for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up around your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat often to ensure that it’s operating correctly. Just turn it on and gradually raise the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Cool Air Solutions at 951-299-9853 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!