Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Murrieta summertime, have the specialists at Cool Air Solutions conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Cool Air Solutions today at 951-299-9853.