Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Murrieta is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Cool Air Solutions constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Cool Air Solutions in Murrieta at 951-299-9853 today.