The shifting weather in Murrieta can mean a number of things, from the changing seasons to flipping off the switch of your air conditioner for the cooler months. Of course, complete home comfort is your year-round goal, but sometimes our heating and cooling equipment doesn’t feel like cooperating. That doesn’t mean that you’re automatically destined for AC repair though.
When your air conditioner quits working or you notice it acting weirdly, there are a couple things you can check on before calling in the pros at Cool Air Solutions for AC repair. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to try before giving us a call.
1) Check your thermostat
This is one of the simplest checks that homeowners can do independently, and could solve the concern more than they’d like to admit. Make sure your thermostat is:
- Set to “cool”
- Set to be around room temperature
- Utilizing a fresh battery
2) Look at the air conditioner filter
Dirty filters can cause air conditioners to act erratically, making them shut down without notice and without making a sound. Air conditioner filters have been the cause for many AC repair calls in the past, but there’s no reason to pick up the phone when you can change it yourself. Not to mention that a dirty air conditioner filter decreases your system’s efficiency and reduces airflow.
3) Find and inspect your air conditioner’s switches
Most of the time, switches to your air conditioner are found:
- Close to the air conditioner itself and normally look like your stereotypical light switch.
- At your circuit breaker panel. Pinpoint the breaker that controls your air conditioner and find out if it is in the middle position or the Off position. If it is, cycle the breaker to Off and then re-set it back to the On position.
4) Open all of your vents
A common mistake among homeowners is to close vents in unoccupied rooms, but this might actually lead to a need for AC repair. Closing these vents could potentially cause your system to be less efficient and shut down because of added airflow pressure.
If you’ve completed these four troubleshooting tips and still aren’t having any luck getting your system back up and running, it’s probably time to give us a ring. The team at Cool Air Solutions in Murrieta are here to be sure all of your AC repair needs are met, so give us a call at 951-299-9853 to set up an appointment with us.